Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I just received a few days ago the latest Theme Park Press newsletter, which officializes some great news. One of the volumes they will release next years is

[The memoirs of Pinto Colvig, the voice of Goofy (and so much else). This book was written by Colvig in the early 1940s, making it perhaps the first book ever about the Disney Studio written by someone who worked there.]

The document was unearthed by my good friend and fellow Disney historian Todd James Pierce who is also serving as editor on the project. No better way to end the year than with news like this one.

1 comment:

Mark Sonntag said...

Wow, I look forward to this. I actually watched a Bob Hope movie the other night called Variety Girl which is set on the Paramount lot. I'm 99.9% certain Pinto has a cameo in it doing a voice for a mock radio show.