Thursday, November 24, 2011



I have to admit that the videogame Epic Mickey fascinates me, since it features Mickey from the 1930s, since it resurects of some of my favorite characters like Oswald, Horace, and the Gremlins.

I was therefore absolutely delighted to discover the beautiful new Art of Epic Mickey book. While the text is quite short, the illustrations are a real delight since most of them are beautiful never-seen-before renderings. Clearly, the artists who worked on this project knew what they were doing, and when I discovered that one of the consultants was the famous Disney art director Carson Van Osten, I understood a lot about the beautiful end result.

When you add to this the fact that Warren Spector is a known Disney history enthusiast who seems to read this blog from time to time, you will not be surprised by my enthusiasm.

For quite a few of us, this book is a must-have. But if you are not quite sure about whether you will like it or not, I would advise you to check out a short video that one customer posted in his Amazon review, and which will allow you to make up your mind.

No comments: