Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Jim Korkis just forwarded to me a link to a new Disney history blog with the following statement: "There seems to be a plethora of Disney related blogs out there and I thought I knew most of the good ones. However, thanks to John Frost, I discovered that Shawn Slater started a blog in March. Who is Shawn Slater? Shawn is one of my favorite Disney history people in the world. He and his lovely wife Laurel are Disney history experts and for a time Shawn was a show writer for Imagineering and helped come up with outstanding stories for several WDW locations including the Confectionary Shop on Main Street and the McDonalds Fry Wagon. Thankfully, he is sharing all this information and more on his new blog. The very first time I heard the phrase 'The Disney Mountains' referring to the various mountain-like attractions at the Disney theme parks was in a presentation that Shawn and Laurel created several years ago that delighted cast members. They have truly been keeping the magic of Disney storytelling alive and this is a site I will be bookmarking as one of my favorites."

No comments: