Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Here is a request for help from a reader of the blog. Any idea?

[About 25 years ago, when I was in elementary school, I remember checking out 1 or 2 books from the school library frequently that were educational in nature, about the human body, which was written by a medical professional but illustrated copiously with the Disney characters alongside the other, more scientific diagrams. I remember the book being fairly text heavy, and it seemed to me they covered the systems of the body and things like that. As I recall, the books were around 150 pages or so long (maybe longer), so these were pretty decent sized books. They were hardcover, with primarily white covers, and for the life of me I've been looking around like crazy trying to at least come up with the name or author of the book (or books) in an attempt to find it again. I've done some looking around on eBay, and have seen the "Wonderful World of Knowledge" book series, but I'm almost positive that's not what I'm looking for.]

4 comments:

Hans Perk said...

Vol. 15 in the series mentioned, The Wonderful World of Knowledge, actually is called The Human Body. A picture of the (mainly white) series can be seen here.
This series was reprinted several times and translated into several languages, too.

Didier Ghez said...

Thanks Hank.

Anonymous said...

I think I have a copy of the book. I'm not sure it's from "The Wonderful World of Knowledge" series or not, but I have a white book from Disney about health that I picked up last year at the Strand bookstore in New York. It was in their $1 pile and I thought I couldn't pass it up. If this reader is looking for it, let me know and I can get it to them. I'll get the exact name/title tonight when I get home.

Didier Ghez said...

Joe,

Could you email me at dghez@hotmail.com?

Here is what the reader had to say:

[Hi again, Didier. Wow, this has sure been helpful. If you could pass along Joe's email address, I'll contact him. I don't want to take his copy of the book; I'd just like to know what the title is and who the author was!]